Hiring / Testing Process
To insure the continued prestige, pride and reputation of the Dodge City Police Department, each applicant is required to successfully complete each step of the selection process. Only those who possess the best mental, physical, moral, and emotional fitness for the performance of police duties will be considered.
Listed below are the steps an applicant must complete prior to being considered for employment as a Police Officer.
- Apply online: www.PoliceApp.com/DodgeCity (Then watch for email correspondence from HR staff to coordinate next steps.)
- Preliminary Background Check
- Nationally Accredited Written Examination
- PXT Assessment
- Oral Board Interview
- CVSA (Lie Detector)
- Extensive Background Investigation
- Conditional offer of employment (conditional on the successful completion of the remaining process)
- Psychological test
- Physical (includes drug screening) Examinations
- Final offer of employment
Following successful completion of these steps, an applicant may be placed on an eligibility list for 12 months. When employed an officer will be retained as a probationary employee for a period of 12 months.