Tips for Selecting an Arborist
When selecting an arborist, the decisions you make have long term consequences for your trees. When making that decision, please consider the following:
- If your tree is located in the city right-of-way, a permit is needed for major pruning or removal, unless the situation is placing the public in immediate peril.
- Ask to see a copy of the individual’s Arborist license required to work in Dodge City.
- Ask for a certificate of insurance. They should be insured for property damage, personal liability, and worker compensation.
- Ask for local references and talk with former clients.
- Avoid door knockers. If someone shows up at your door because they’re “working in the area” be cautious. Many so called arborists have no training, and their best skills are removing money from the pockets of unsuspecting consumers.
- Look for professional training with either a Kansas or ISA Certified Arborists training.
- If possible, get more than one estimate to ensure the quote you have received is reasonable.
- Don’t let yourself be rushed by bargain prices and don’t pay in advance.